4th International Climate Finance Short Course
November 18 - November 22
We are announcing, a five-day International training (including one day field visit) on public finance (to benefit countries with GCF Readiness) at local, national and international levels targeting senior officials from the NDA, NIE, Government Ministries (Finance, Planning, Local Government, Environment, among others).
Participants would be provided with participatory lesson learning and exercises by experts and other international resource people.
Course date: 18-22 November 2019
Venue: Dhaka, Bangladesh
The overall objective of this course is to build climate change finance knowledge and adequate capacity within Asia and Africa to mainstream climate into national and local budget and planning processes, including GCF readiness funding.
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for LDCs and SIDs countries as well as south Asia and Africa, who have applied for GCF Readiness Funds and others interested in climate finance. Specifically these are officials from the NIEs, NDAs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Local government and Ministry of Environment from Asia who are working, interested or engaged in GCF readiness portfolio, local or national budgeting and/or planning processes.
● International Center for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD),
● United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Africa Regional Office,
● United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Bangkok Regional Office
● International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
Duration: 5 Days
* International Participants: $2000 (includes 5 days hotel accommodation)
* Local Participants: $1000 (refreshments and workshop materials)
* Language: English
Download Flyer Registration
Contact Person: Dr. Saleemul Huq