This webinar took place on 14 May 2020. Watch the recording here:
Event Date: 14 May 2020
Jointly organized by
The webinar followed the modality of dialogue and discussion among experts and practitioners on Nature-based Solutions (NbS) in both Bangladesh and global context. Starting from COVID19 pandemic, the speakers talked about why we should need to care about our nature and how the new concept called ‘nature-based solutions (NbS)’ is emerging to tackle different societal challenges. The experts shared their views on global and national perspectives on the effectiveness of NbS, challenges and needs along with identifying opportunities to integrate NbS in various sectors to achieve sustainable development harmonizing nature and human well-being.
Dr. Saleemul Huq, Director, ICCCAD
- Mr. Raquibul Amin, Country Representative, IUCN Bangladesh
- Dr. Haseeb Md. Irfanullah, Expert, ‘Capacity Building for Nature-based Solutions (NbS) to Climate Change Adaptation’ project of the ICCCAD and the University of Oxford
- Dr. Ali M Rezaie, Visiting Researcher, ICCCAD and Graduate Research Fellow, Virginia Sea Grant
- Mr. Saber Hossain Chowdhury, Member of Parliament, Bangladesh Parliament and Chairman, Standing Committee on Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Prof. Nathalie Seddon, Professor of Biodiversity, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford; and Director of Nature-based Solutions Initiative
- Professor Barry Dalal-Clayton, Director, Environment and Development Services (EDS) – International
Vote of Thanks:
- Tasfia Tasnim, Senior Research Associate, ICCCAD
The Summary Report of the webinar will be coming soon!
Please follow our twitter handle @NbSBangladesh for more updates and to share knowledge and inform practice on Nature-based Solutions to development challenges in Bangladesh.