Highlights from ICCCAD LSE roundtable Discussion on UK- BD Collaboration
Event Recording of “ICCCAD and LSE Jointly Organized online discussion on “Tackling Climate Emergency through UK-BANGLADESH Collaboration on Research”
The event took place on the Date: Thursday, 2 July 2020
Time: 2 PM-4 PM UK Time (GMT+1), 7 PM-9 PM BDT (GMT +6)
ICCCAD and LSE along with other partners have initiated a dialogue to enhance climate resilience through research collaboration between Bangladesh and the UK, with universities in both countries as a central partner for enhancing long-term capacity.
The UK’s Presidency in COP26 and Bangladesh’s Leadership role in climate change adaptation and also its chairmanship of the climate-vulnerable forum(CVF) staged the backdrop to facilitate a transdisciplinary and equitable collaboration among researchers in Bangladesh and the UK to address climate change impacts and reduce poverty.
The dialogue at this Roundtable discussion “Tackling Climate Emergency through UK-BANGLADESH Collaboration on Research” was part of over 70+ event of London Climate Action Week 2020 and it set the perfect opportunity to take forward the discussion of climate research and collaboration between the countries
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director, ICCCAD
- Prof. David Lewis, Professor of Social Policy and Development, LSE
- H. E. Saida Muna Tasneem, Bangladesh High Commissioner to the United Kingdom
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of Environment Agency, Ex officio DEFRA board member and UK Commissioner to the Global Commission on Adaptation.
- Judith Herbertson, Head DFID, Bangladesh
- Prof. A.K.M. Saiful Islam, Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
- Prof. Julian Williams, Executive Director, Institute of Hazard, Risk & Resilience (IHRR) Durham University, UK
- Terry Cannon, Researcher, Institute of Development Studies (IDS), UK