- This event has passed.
Food Forward – Achieving Climate Goals through Food System Transformation
November 10 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am UTC
About this event
Food Forward – Achieving Climate Goals through Food System Transformation (WWF Panda Pavilion).
Date: 10 November,
NOTE: All events require pre-registration and are offered free both in person and via live stream!
9:30am – 11:00am. This event (blue zone area, badge required) will demonstrate the food systems transformation is not only a prerequisite for meeting climate goals but a win-win for policymakers to also address nature, hunger, health, resilience, and livelihoods.
The event aims to showcase and discuss the most impactful solutions for food system transformation coming out of the UN Food Systems Summit and to present an early thinking behind the “Food Forward” Consortium, a joint, inclusive effort by the UN Food Systems Summit Action Track organizations to align efforts and accelerate action.
The event is hosted by WWF, EAT, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), CARE, Club of Rome and the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD).
Speakers will include:
- Sandrine Dixson-Decleve, Co-President, Club of Rome
- Joao Campari, Global Leader, Food Practice, WWF
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Martin Frick, Director, World Food Programme
- Jemimah Njuki, Director for Africa, IFPRI
- Gunhild Stordalen, Founder and Executive Chair, EAT Foundation
- Christine Campeau, Senior Advisor – Food Systems, CARE
- Saleemul Huq, Director, International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
Links to join the session online will be emailed upon registration. Registration is not required to attend this event in person, though seats are limited. Badges for the Blue Zone at COP26 are required