- This event has passed.
Role of Capacity Building in Enhancing Climate Finance Governance and Transparency: Experiences from Bangladesh
December 11, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Share innovative approaches to capacity building employed by the CFTM project to promote the levels of governance and transparency of climate finance in Bangladesh
- Promote cross-country learning on best practices
- Saleemul Huq, Director, ICCCAD
- Atiq Rahman, Executive Director, BCAS
- Ainun Nishat, Professor Emeritus, BRAC University
Climate Finance Transparency Mechanism (CFTM) is an issue-based project (IBP) initiated in January 2017 and being implemented by a consortium of 5 partners: ICCCAD, BCAS, C3ER, COAST Trust, CSRL, in association with PROKAS programme of the British Council
The overarching aim of the project is to increase the efficacy of climate change funds in Bangladesh. The project has been employing a combination of research, positive engagement with actors, advocacy, outreach and capacity building to achieve its objectives
The event will shed light on the work undertaken by the project so far.