Research Grant 2024 for IUB students
Bangladesh is one of the most vulnerable hotspot zones in the world for adverse impacts of climate change resulting from increased frequency and intensity of hazards including cyclones, floods, droughts, salinity intrusion, storm surges, etc. Hence it is imperative to attain resilience which is yet to be achieved through different capacity-building efforts, particularly knowledge development and innovation. From this perspective, the International Center for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) in collaboration with the Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB) and with the financial support of the Sweden government developed a project titled “Capacity Strengthening of multi-actors to limit climate change impacts and enhance resilience (CAP-RES)”. Under this project research proposals are requested from the early researchers and bachelor or master’s students from all the departments of IUB who will receive financial and technical assistance. The award winner will be chosen based on a number of factors, including motivation, research interest, inventiveness, need for help, etc. The purpose of this grant is that the grantee will play an influential role in shaping and contributing to the critical climate change and development capacity-building efforts.
Scope of work:
The priority thematic area for funding is (but not limited to a focus on)-
- Locally Led adaptation(LLA)
- Loss and Damage
- Climate Change adaptation and mitigation
- Pollution & Waste Management
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Renewable energy
- Climate Change Conflict
- Women and Inclusion
- Other issues related to Climate Change
- Students of any department from IUB
- Working experience on climate change issues or having a strong motivation to conduct research on environmental sustainability and climate change issues
- Must possess good analytical skills
- Willing to travel home and abroad
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh
What we are offering:
- Financial and technical support for 5 students
- Each selected candidate will get BDT: 50000.00 to conduct research/thesis
- Excellent supervision in all stages of conducting research and writing report
Tenure of Grant:
The grant will be for one year (January-December, 2024).
The selected applicant will submit a research/thesis report to the project team after completing the research.
The 60% fund will be disbursed in advances to awarded individuals to his/her Bank accounts (or A/C pay cheque) direct from the IUB account. The rest 40% will be disbursed after submitting the report.
How to apply:
Every applicant has to submit a research proposal within 1000 words along with the application form. To get the application form to apply please click here. The deadline for the application is June 20, 2023.
For clarification about the process, please contact Maria Aktar, Email address: [email protected]