We are excited to launch the “Youth Innovation Fund” for year 2024 and welcoming applications from the motivated youth individuals or groups. Applications are welcome from anywhere in Bangladesh who are willing to work on green ideas for promoting better social leadership or raising environmental awareness through campaigns.
What is the Youth Innovation Fund?
The Youth Innovation Fund is a small grant initiative designed to support and sponsor both individual young individuals and groups of youth who are eager to make a meaningful impact in the fields of climate change and development. This fund falls under the broader project titled “Capacity Strengthening of Multi-Actors to Mitigate Climate Change Impacts and Enhance Resilience.” ICCCAD is inviting youth or youth groups to propose innovative ideas or projects under each thematic area to receive financial support. It aims to sponsor green ideas or campaigns that contribute to the overall objectives of the project.
What does the Fund offer?
The fund will offer an annual grant of 3,00,000 BDT for each grantee for about in total 4 grantee. In addition, the opportunity will provide –
- Dedicated support from ICCCAD to identify your goals for strengthening your group and work together for the successful project/initiative/idea implementation
- To connect, networking and learn with other fund grantees through digital technologies as well as a face-to-face convening
What is the ‘Youth Innovation Fund’ looking to fund?
The ‘Youth Innovation Fund’ is looking for providing the fund into sponsoring Innovative Idea/Campaign Competitions on Climate change including but not limited to a focus on-
- Climate Change adaptation and mitigation
- Pollution & Waste Management
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Renewable energy
- Loss and Damage
- Women and Inclusion
Who can apply?
The eligibility criteria for the Youth Innovation Fund are as follows:
- Youth individual who are passionate about contributing to the fields of climate change and development.
- Groups of youth collaborating on a common project or idea also welcome to apply (in case of a group setting they must submit the team formation led by a group leader and a group/team name).
- Applicants must be aged in between 18- 30 years
- Applicants (whether individual or a group) all must be student of university/ fresh graduates
- Applications from University club are also welcome.
The Innovation Fund does not support:
- Local offices, affiliates, or projects of large NGOs, INGOs, governments, or intergovernmental organizations
- Affiliates of or projects of government agencies, schools or universities, or for-profit businesses
- Efforts to support or oppose candidates for public office
- Organization that, in policy or in practice, discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation
- Organization that conducts or support violent activities or violate criminal law
What does the Youth Innovation Fund require from grantees?
Grantee partners will have to submit one narrative and financial report to ICCCAD after the project completion
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals at this link:https://forms.gle/2S7tgp2yqbSuZkn8A
The deadline for application is 20 January, 2024