Young people and future generations are the steward of the future. Globally, youths are advocating in climate issue at local, national and international level. Youth are working to address their concerns and provide solutions to real-world problems regarding climate change. As youth are the largest demography and highest potentially to bring the changes, Youth voices and actions are considered very important climate change advocacy arena.
ICCCAD recognizes the contribution of youth in climate action and feels the importance of youth engagement in reframing climate ambitions. Thus, ICCCAD has designed a one-year long fellowship program where youth can involve in the sector of climate change development and identifying challenges through solution development by providing viable solutions for this vast sector. This program will enhance resilience and adaptive capacity of the youth in local communities and raise these issues at national & international levels. The program can also help young men and women to come forward from their position and participate in knowledge and awareness building process by involving them in effective learning and capacity building process.
For the ICCCAD Youth Fellowship program, applications are welcome from individuals irrespective of their gender, class, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, disability and any other identities are welcome to apply. Rest of the eligibility criteria are to be the fellow, candidate –
- Must be a citizen of Bangladesh
- Must be between the age of 18 to 30 years
- Undergraduate students or recent graduates
- Basic knowledge and a strong motivation to work on climate change
- Working experience on climate change issues is a plus
- Possess good analytical, writing and speaking skill
- Demonstration of leadership practice
- Willing to learn and exchange ideas
- Willing to travel national and international programs and field visits
- Participants will undergo through a several capacity building programs including Training of Trainers (ToT) both residential and online on climate change and development issues.
- Participants will get opportunities to attend national and international program on climate change
- Participants will receive small funding opportunities to implement youth solutions/innovative ideas on climate change development.
- Participant will get the opportunity to negotiate local climate change problem with policymakers and decision makers
- Participants will get the opportunity to be a trainer in future youth fellowship program.
Tenure of Fellowship:
The Fellowship program will be 1 yearlong commitment. During the fellowship period, fellows will have the opportunity to get guidance from mentors, develop their projects, and execute activities that have a meaningful impact on climate change and development. Depending on the nature of the training modality, youth fellows are encouraged to connect with other ICCCAD youth fellow alumni and also the youth fellows will get the opportunity to join or work with other youth program initiative and programs of ICCCAD.
Participants successfully completed the fellowship program will get a certificate
Terms and Condition:
General Condition: The fellowship award of ICCCAD is for fixed tenure for 12 month and does not imply any assurance or guarantee for subsequent employment at ICCCAD.
Cancellation of fellowship award: Every youth fellowship program participants have to complete the training programme to be certified as a youth fellow, if they are unable to maintain the required training time frame, it will not be considered as a completion of their training. Participants have to attend at least 80% of total online classes to complete the course of ToT.
Reporting: The fellow will submit a report of their experience, learning and achievement after every 3 weeks in a given format
Collection of Certificate: Youth fellow, who will successfully complete the course have to collect the certificate within 01 month after the course completion.
An open call will be announced and applicants can apply online. A selection committee will shortlist the suitable candidate. The selected candidates will be called for an interview, the selection committee will finalize the participants of ICCCAD fellow for this year.
Online Application for Youth Fellowship Program-2024
Interested individuals can apply for ICCCAD Youth Fellowship Program 2024 within 10th January 2024, through online by clicking the application link .
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding ICCCAD Youth Fellowship Program, please email at email@example.com