- This event has passed.
Tackling Climate Emergency through UK-BANGLADESH Collaboration on Research
July 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+6
ICCCAD and LSE Jointly Organizing an online discussion “Tackling Climate Emergency through UK-BANGLADESH Collaboration on Research”
Date: Thursday, 2 July 2020
Under the theme “Solutions for Adaptation and Resilience”, ICCCAD and LSE aim to host an online discussion event with researchers, policymakers and practitioners in light of a proposed five-year partnership between universities in the UK and Bangladesh focused on supporting new climate research, partnership and capacity building.
The event will follow a brief presentation on the background of the proposed programme of research collaboration between British and Bangladesh universities, followed with a high-level panel discussion where designated discussants will focus on the importance of such collaboration in the light of Climate Policy and Action as well as How the Pandemic is shifting the paradigm of Climate Research. The panel discussion will then follow with Q and A session.
This event is part of over 60+ virtual event taking place at London Climate Action Week, 2020 this year.
As it is a closed roundtable discussion participation is by invitation only.
To cater to a larger audience we will Livestream the event at ICCCAD’s Facebook page.
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director, ICCCAD
- Prof. David Lewis, Professor of Social Policy and Development, LSE
- H. E. Saida Muna Tasneem, Bangladesh High Commissioner to the United Kingdom
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of Environment Agency, Ex officio DEFRA board member and UK Commissioner to the Global Commission on Adaptation.
- Judith Herbertson, Head DFID, Bangladesh
- Prof. A.K.M. Saiful Islam, Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
- Prof. Julian Williams, Executive Director, Institute of Hazard, Risk & Resilience (IHRR) Durham University, UK
- Terry Cannon, Researcher, Institute of Development Studies (IDS), UK
*Please Note This Event is Invitation Only