You are cordially welcome to watch the recording of the webinar on Capacity Building to address Climate Change in Bangladesh, held on 6 August 2020 here:
The event took place on the Date: Thursday, 6 August 2020
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Bangladesh Time, UTC+6
Organized by: International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
ICCCAD has hosted this event to have a frank dialogue with key national stakeholders, such as the Government ministries & agencies, NGOs and private sector & explore our broad needs and gaps to more effectively address climate change in Bangladesh.
The dialogue was designed to address the long-term Capacity Building needs for different stakeholders in Bangladesh.
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director, ICCCAD
- Prof. Mizan R Khan, Deputy Director, ICCCAD
- Dr. Shamsul Alam, Member (Senior Secretary), General Economics Division (GED), Bangladesh Planning Commission
- Ms. Sultana Afroz, Chief Executive Officer (Secretary), Public Private Partnership Authority (PPPA), Prime Minister’s Office
- Rear Admiral Kazi Sarwar Hossain, Advisor, Bangladesh Institute of Maritime Research and Development (BIMRAD)
- Ms. Farah Kabir, Country Director, Action Aid Bangladesh
- Md. Enamul Karim Pavel, Head of Renewable Energy, IDCOL
- Ms. Catharien Terwisscha van Scheltinga, Director Project Officer, Wageningen University
Download the webinar brief
Links shared on Webinar chat box:
Prof Saleemul Huq’s Daily Star Op-ed
Few Documents and toolkits Links shared by ActionAid
- Resilience Framework
- Resilience handbook: A Guide to Integrated Resilience Programming
- Resilience Building: A guide to flood, cyclone, earthquake, drought and safe schools programming
- Handbook for loss and damage assessment
- Climate migrants pushed to the brink
Please follow our Facebook page and twitter for more updates about the upcoming events of ICCCAD.